We are thrilled to announce that beginning in August, LexFUN! will have an online presence at BigTent (www.bigtent.com).
BigTent offers non-profit, locally-based community groups such as LexFUN! to share, communicate, and organize online by providing a virtual (one-stop-shop online community).
We are making this switch to BigTent to have one single platform for our online community, and to make sure we have sustainable technology supporting our growing organization now and in the future. Big Tent also enables Board members and event volunteers to do their jobs more effectively.
A sampling of the member-only features will include:
- Renew your membership easily year to year
- Make easy online payments (including purchasing event tickets online)
- Access a member-only discussion forum. Topics include:
- recommendations/reviews from members for local goods and services. See guidelines.
- local resources for parents, play groups, member-only discounts, and much more.
- View LexFUN! events on one interactive calendar and RSVP to events online with ease.
- Access all the great things that LexFUN! offers in one place, including past newsletters, annual booklet/guide, event photos and more.
- Connect with other members to form play groups and book groups * Receive LexFUN! news and event digests & reminders directly to your email.
- Easily manage your profile/email preferences (e.g, digest vs. individual email formats, etc).
- As well as lots of other great features to extend our offline activities and relationships online.
How it works: All 2011-12 LexFUN! members will receive an email invitation from LexFUN!/BigTent in August. Simply follow the easy instructions in the invitation to enter your contact and payment information, and your membership will become current for the 2012-13 year and you will become a member of the LexFUN!/Big Tent community.
(For those of you who have already renewed for 2012-2013 or just joined for the 2012-2013 season, you will receive an invitation to enter your information, but you will not have to pay again).
Our goal is to have all members completely transferred to BigTent by November.
Thank you for your support,
Meredith Applegate and Patrice Cleaves, LexFUN! Co-Presidents