LexFUN! has a collective “big heart” and gives back to our local community in a number of important ways.
- LexFUN! Pre-School Scholarship
LexFUN! knows that before a child’s first day in Kindergarten, he or she needs a strong educational foundation to prepare them for their entire school life. Unfortunately, some Lexington families may not be able to afford a preschool program, limiting their child’s experience when he or she enters Kindergarten. Through LexFUN!’s Pre-School Scholarship Fund, we provide opportunities for Lexington children to get quality early education to support the child’s lifelong learning. Scholarships range from $500 to $4,000. Since our scholarship fund was founded, LexFUN! has awarded over $200,000 to local families!
- To receive funding for the Fall Semester – Apply by July 1st
- To receive funding for the Spring Semester – Apply by November 15th
Click here for the application.
Scholarship Program Guidelines
- The scholarship application must be filled out completely in order to be considered.
- Scholarship awards will be based on three main criteria: (1) financial need, (2) availability of funds and (3) number of eligible applicants. With respect to financial need, the LexFUN! Scholarship Committee looks at an applicant’s whole financial picture including income, expenses, number of dependents, and any special circumstances.
- Applicants must reside in Lexington and the child must attend a pre-school in Lexington.
- Scholarship funds shall be paid directly to the pre-school the child will attend.
- Scholarships will be awarded for the current school year or a portion of the school year. Recipients wishing to continue to receive scholarship funds for the following year must reapply each year.
- Parents/guardians must notify LexFUN! if the child withdraws from pre-school during the year.
- Your application, including all financial information, will be kept strictly confidential and will be used only for the purpose of evaluating your Scholarship request.
- Scholarship awards shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or English proficiency.
- LexFUND Assistance to Lexington Families In Need
LexFUN! cares about the young families in our community and we’re here to lend a helping hand to assist them through families crises. Through its LexFUND! Program, LexFUN! helps young families facing personal crises and catastrophes, like death of a spouse/partner, loss or destruction of a home, and life-threatening health issues.
- Yamaha Music Scholarship
Yamaha Music School of Boston, in partnership with LexFUN!, sponsors an Annual Music Scholarship for Lexington children between the ages of 3 and 5. The Scholarship is intended for families who strongly value music education but cannot afford music lessons for their child. The Scholarship pays for the cost of a music program, including tuition, materials and fees, for an entire year.
An announcement of the application deadline is sent to all members in the Spring of each year.