LexFUN! provides financial assistance to the Lexington community in a number of ways.
- LexFUN! Pre-School Scholarship
- LexFUND assistance to Lexington families in need
- Yamaha Music Scholarship
LexFUN! Pre-School Scholarship for 2014-2015
LexFUN! knows that before a child’s first day in Kindergarten, he or she needs a strong educational foundation to prepare them for their entire school life. Unfortunately, some Lexington families may not be able to afford a preschool program, limiting their child’s advantage when he or she enters Kindergarten. Through LexFUN!’s Pre-School Scholarship Fund, we provide opportunities for Lexington children to get quality early education to support the child’s lifelong learning. Scholarships ranged from $500 to $4,000. Last year, LexFUN! awarded over $31,000 to local families!
- Lexington Residents – the family must reside in Lexington
- Lexington Pre-School – the child must attend or will attend a Lexington pre-school
- Family’s Financial Need – a whole financial picture based on income, expenses, number of dependents, and any special circumstances will be used to determine financial need
- Scholarship awards will be based on financial need, availability of LexFUN! scholarship funds and number of eligible applicants
- Application – Download Scholarship Application Form.
- Deadline – there is no deadline; applications are accepted on a rolling basis and scholarships are granted twice a year
LexFUND Assistance to Lexington Families In Need
LexFUN! cares about the young families in our community and we’re here to lend a helping hand to assist them through families crises. Through its LexFUND! Program, LexFUN! helps young families facing personal crises and catastrophes, like death of a spouse/partner, loss or destruction of a home, and life-threatening health issues. If your family needs a helping hand, contact email@example.com to discuss your situation and explore whether LexFUN! may be able to help.
Yamaha Music Scholarship
Yamaha Music School of Boston, in partnership with LexFUN!, is proud to announce the 3rd Annual Music Scholarship for Lexington children between the ages of 3 and 5. The Scholarship is intended for families who strongly value music education but cannot afford music lessons for their child. The Scholarship will pay for the cost of a music program, including tuition, materials and fees, for an entire year.
About the Yamaha Program: With a 50-year history spanning 40 countries, the Yamaha Music Education System is a comprehensive music course taught in a fun group setting. It includes listening, singing, playing the keyboard, reading and creating music. The Yamaha Music School of Boston is located at 57 Bedford Street, Lexington, www.ymsboston.com and serves 800 students from 70 local communities.
- Age of Child – the child must be between three and five years of age by February 15, 2015
- Demonstrated financial need
- Additional considerations – may include extenuating family circumstances, for example, additional dependent care, health issues, job loss, etc.
- Application – Download Yamaha Music Scholarship 2015.
- Deadline – Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2015. They may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Yamaha Music School of Boston
- Final award confirmation – Part of the application process involves the family observing a Yamaha class in late January and meeting with the School Director. Final award confirmation is made by the Yamaha Music School Director.