Please consider getting involved with the Community Service team! We do many terrific projects throughout the year, involving our pre-schoolers to benefit local organizations, including the Lexington Food Pantry, Cradles to Crayons, and COMPASS for kids, to name a few.
Meals on Wheels: Get Out and About!
It is a great time to get out and help the seniors in our community. Please consider delivering Meals on Wheels. You can do the deliveries with (or without!) your children, and you may sign up for as little as one delivery at a time, which means you can participate when your schedule allows. Many of our drivers find this a rewarding activity for themselves and their children. The seniors really look forward to the weekly interaction. To sign up or find out more about delivering meals, please email KathrynRColburn@gmail.com.
Get ready to Shake it for Shelter!
Don’t miss Club Shake It: Studio 54
as LexFUN! once again co-sponsors this great event for a great cause!
- DATE: Get your Shake on June 15, 2013!
- LOCATION: Hayden Lower Field, Worthen Road, Lexington, Massachusetts
- TIMES: 7pm – Join us as a VIP for the night when you purchase a Table!**(VIP Table includes an Open Bar from 7-8pm, hors d’oeuvres and entertainment)
- 8 PM – General Admission
Club Shake It is a pop up, Studio 54 style club, operating for just one night. Club Shake It is an adult evening of dancing, bidding, cocktails and light food, with one of New York City’s top DJs, Sir Shorty, brought to you by COMPASS for kids, the Club Shake It Committee and our sponsors, in support of COMPASS for homeless families, a program of COMPASS for kids.
Save BIG as a LexFUN! Member with use of Promo code LEXFUN
- General Admission Tickets – $50 until June 14
- Silver level table – $750 (regularly $1,000) – includes 10 tickets, seating area, 2 drinks per person and VIP pre-party access – discount valid through June 7
- Gold level table – $1750 (regularly $2,500) – includes 10 tickets, prominent seating area, 2 drinks per person, food and waiter service, and VIP pre-party access – discount valid through June 7
To purchase tickets or tables please visit www.clubshakeit.org.
Interested in donating or soliciting auction prizes, sponsorships, marketing, or joining the Club Shake It committee? We’d love to have you involved! Please contact us at:
Sarah Humphreys, Operations Coordinator
COMPASS for homeless families is a program of COMPASS for kids’ that works to end family homelessness. COMPASS for homeless families collaborate with public and private organizations, businesses and individuals to provide high impact educational services and supports that get homeless parents working, finishing their GEDs and enrolled in college. Our efforts all promote family self-sufficiency, stability in housing and a brighter future for homeless and at-risk children and their families. Family homelessness is a problem of epidemic proportion in Massachusetts, with more than 3,000 families, including 5,000 children, now living in shelters and motels.