Is your child going to Kindergarten this fall?Spring is upon us, and with it comes the beginning of preparations for fall!
Want to get your child and yourself connected to other children and families before the fall?
Please consider signing up for Kindergarten Connection, a playdate-based program that enables you and your child to meet other Kindergarteners and their families at your school over the summer – it’s a great way to ease the transition in the fall with some familiar faces! To sign up, please complete the form below.
School Days…Preparing your Child for School: an Evening with Lynne Griffin
Presented by Lexington Public Schools
Wednesday, May 8th, 7pm
Fiske Elementary School, 55 Adams Street, Lexington
Parking access via Adams St. to Grant St. to Colony Rd.
In this workshop designed for parents and guardians of children transitioning to Kindergarten and entering 1st grade, nationally recognized family life and behvaior management expert Lynne Griffin will explore the phases of school adjustment and provide strategies for successful school entry.
Getting Ready for Kindergarten: What every parent wants to know!
Parent Panel Discussion presented by LexFUN!
Wednesday, May 29th, 7:00pm
Cary Library, Large Lecture Room
1874 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 24th
New this year, LexFUN! presents an evening of discussion and Q&A with parents of current Lexington Kindergarteners. Parents from all six elementary schools will be represented on the panel, which also features parenting educator, Sara Lane, Ed.M. Get answers to all your questions and honest advice directly from other parents:
- Preparing your child and yourself for Kindergarten
- Tips on school supplies, lunches, daily routines, practical dos and don’ts
- Bussing, walking or driving to school
- Options for after-school care
- Ask questions specific to your school at the end of the program
Submit your questions to our panel ahead of time! Send e-mail to email@example.com.
Fall 2013 Kindergarten To-Do List:
- Go online to register for Kindergarten Connection and meet new friends this summer!
- If you have not yet received your Kindergarten registration packet, please call your elementary school directly
- Schedule your child’s Kindergarten screening on this website
- Fill out your registration forms and bring them to your Kindergarten Screening appointment
LPS Kindergarten 2013-2014 Screening and Registration:
Kindergarten Screening and Registration is for ALL students entering kindergarten. Screening and Registration Dates:Bowman: April 29 & April 30 Bridge: April 26 & April 29
Estabrook: April 30 & May 1 Fiske: April 24 & April 25
Harrington: April 24 & April 25 Hastings: May 2 & May 3