Yamaha Music School of Boston, in partnership with LexFUN!, is proud to announce the 6th Annual Music Scholarship for Lexington children between the ages of 3 and 5. The Scholarship is intended for families who strongly value music education but cannot afford music lessons for their child. The Scholarship will pay for the cost of a music program, including tuition, materials and fees, for the entirety of the student’s tenure as a YMES student.
About the Yamaha Program: With a 50-year history spanning 40 countries, the Yamaha Music Education System is a comprehensive music course taught in a fun group setting. It includes listening, singing, playing the keyboard, reading and creating music. The Yamaha Music School of Boston is located at 57 Bedford Street, Lexington, www.ymsboston.com and serves 800 students from 70 local communities.
• Age of Child – the child must be between three and five years of age by September 1, 2017.
• Demonstrated financial need
• Additional considerations – may include extenuating family circumstances, for example, additional dependent care, health issues, job loss, etc.
• Deadline – Applications must be submitted by May 15th, 2017
for the 2017-2018 season. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to the Yamaha Music School of Boston, ATTN: Lily Symmonds at 57 Bedford Street, Ste. 105, Lexington, MA 02420
• Final award confirmation – Part of the application process involves the family observing a Yamaha class in late May and meeting with the School Director. Final award confirmation is made by the Yamaha Music School Director by June 30th, 2017 with a Fall 2017 start.